Employment & Volunteering Opportunities
An exciting new vacancy has arisen at the Small Breeds Farm Park & Owl Centre.
Assistant Animal Carer
Full-time, 6 month fixed contract (with the possibility of extension)
Salary dependant on age and experience.
The Small Breeds Farm Park & Owl Centre (established 25 years ago) is an all year round (365 day) visitor attraction specialising in miniature and rare breed animals birds and owls. We are proud to have one of the best collections of owls on public display in Europe.
Other on site facilities include a tea room and gift shop.
We need an experienced Animal Carer to join our team.
Duties will include cleaning, feeding, health and welfare of the animals and birds as well as dealing with members of the public.
Applicant must be confident around animals and must be able to cope with a varied and demanding workload.
The successful candidate will:
- Have had previous experience
- Be a good team and independent worker
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Follow instructions fully, effectively and in detail
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- A working knowledge of IT packages such as word documents, spreadsheets and presentation packages preferred
- The position involves working outside in all weather conditions and can be challenging at times.
- It is physically demanding role with some lifting involved
- There is very limited public transport in this rural area so own transport or re location is essential.
- Hours of work will be 9.00 to 5.30pm. Working days will vary based on a rota which will include weekends, school holidays and bank holidays.
If you would like the opportunity to join our team please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have no volunteering vacancies at this time.